Delmar Family Dental provides general, pediatric, cosmetic and restorative dental services. Please click on our Services tab for more details.
We will conduct a thorough examination on your first visit to determine the best course of action to achieve dental health and your goals. We will:
- Take full mouth x-rays to identify any current problems and to use as a baseline on future visits to detect early signs of problems.
- Assess gum condition and health.
- Examine teeth for cavities and condition of old dental restorations.
- Perform a head and neck exam, including salivary glands and lymph nodes, for swelling or other abnormalities.
- Screen for oral cancer and TMJ (jaw joint) problems.
- Clean and polish your teeth if no gum disease is present.
- If gum disease is present, treatment options including "deep cleanings" will be discussed and scheduled.
- Review oral hygiene instructions and diet considerations to help you maintain your best dental health at home.
Many health conditions are indicated in the mouth and can affect oral health, so your medical information is very important in diagnosing issues with your teeth, gums, and mouth.
Fillings can last for many years, but over time they wear down, discolor, crack and sometimes fall out. Early detection of problems with fillings can help you avoid getting cavities under the filling and causing more serious decay. Let us know if you’re experiencing any pain. We’ll check your fillings at every visit to determine if any need to be replaced.
Absolutely. Dental X-rays are essential, preventative, diagnostic tools. Many oral conditions occur between teeth or under the gums or bones, undetectable by the human eye, and may have no early signs or symptoms. Left untreated, these conditions can create serious dental and general health problems, including loss of teeth and heart problems. Early detection with X-rays can make treatment much less painful, faster, and less expensive. The American Dental Association recommends getting a full mouth series every three years, and check-up bitewing X-rays every 6-24 months depending on the health of your mouth.
Delmar Family Dental offers several payment options:
- Cash, check or credit card at time of service
- Payment plans – For major treatments, we will work with you to develop a payment plan.
- Insurance – For your convenience, we will submit your insurance claims.
If you have insurance through one of our approved providers, only your estimated portion of the fees will be required at the time of service.
If you do not have insurance, we will require payment at the time of service or as specified in your payment plan.
Yes, we accept most major insurance plans. Please contact our office to verify your insurance is one of our accepted providers.